Top Gun Events is excited to provide scholarships to deserving fastpitch participants of The Top Gun Invitational. The Top Gun Scholarships were started to honor athletes that exhibit outstanding character, high school academics, and community involvement. Starting with the 1st Top Gun Invite (2013), we have awarded at least two scholarships each year. Total, we have awarded $20,000 in scholarships. In 2019, we expanded the number to 4 minimum, per year.
“I really enjoy and look forward to this part of the tournament. I do not know who is going to win the scholarships until the Top Gun Staff shows up and we surprise the athletes and their parents right there on the field.” – Robb Behymer
Deadline for the application is Monday, June 1st, 2020. Applications postmarked after this date may not be considered.
1. Applicant must be a participant in the 2020 Top Gun Invitational (18U division) & will be a freshman in the upcoming fall school year.
2. Applicant must demonstrate positive-impact involvement, consistent with capacity and circumstances and/or significant improvement/success in scholarship and community involvement, backed by letters of recommendation.
Completed application form (please type or print LEGIBLY).
Letter of application addressed to the Top Gun Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation of career goals and biographical (background) information.
Two (2) letters of recommendations from choice of high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individual with significant knowledge of applicant's experience and involvement.
A copy of your most recent high school transcript with cumulative grade point average and class standing/rank.
Questionnaire: In typed form, please answer the questions on the page as thoroughly as possible.
1. DEADLINE for scholarship applications is Monday June 1st, 2020 (no exceptions). To be turned in by mail to address below, dropped by the Top Gun Events office or emailed to
2. Please type or print legibly. Illegible applications will be returned to you.
3. You will be notified by phone or e-mail regarding the status of your application.
4. If you have any questions about the application, please call the Top Gun Events office at (913) 745-4156.
Top Gun Events Scholarship Committee
21967 W. 83rd St.
Shawnee, KS 66227
Two (2) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to two (2) high school seniors. The Top Gun Scholarship Fund Committee will review all applications before selecting an outside committee to oversee and select the two (2) winners to be awarded a $1,000 scholarship each. Once awarded, checks will be mailed directly to the College/University designated by the recipient (as proven by acceptance).